Wednesday, October 7, 2009
I love this news because:
1. Echo Park's minutes away from Glassell Park
2. While we're occasionally disappointed by The Oinkster's fries, their always good veggie burgers, pulled pork and pastrami sandwiches make it a reliable favorite. I'm confident Andre will create a similar neighborhood favorite in GP.
3. I know they had their fans, but we found Butter Tart's butter tarts icky. It takes a lot to keep me away from a cute bakery close-by, but it was easy to stay away from Butter Tart after that first visit.
4. The eastside (or whatever you call our side of town) needs more neighborhoody breakfast/lunch joints.
5. Intelligentsia coffee without the wait or parking nightmare of the Silver Lake branch? Yes!
Thanks to Food GPS for breaking the news.
Butter Tart Bakery
4126 Verdugo Road
Los Angeles, CA 90065
Posted by Susan at 6:57 PM