Thursday, February 5, 2009

First Thoughts: Two Boots

After reading about Two Boots' soft opening tonight in the Daily Dish blog, I couldn't resist heading down the hill to grab a couple slices, even though we had already schlepped to Kogi in Little Tokyo for their yummy Korean BBQ tacos.


The cashier and manager (?) were sweet and clearly excited that they had finally opened their doors. I didn't count but it seemed like all or most of their pizzas were available by the slice. After much deliberating, I chose two slices (one was on the house!): the Cleopatra Jones (sweet Italian sausage, roasted peppers, onions, and mozzarella) and the Bayou Beast (BBQ shrimp, crawfish, andouille, jalapenos, and mozzarella).




Honestly, as excited as I have been about Two Boots coming to town, I wasn't expecting much because of the large number of mixed reviews from NY. But I'm happy to report that Two Boots exceeded my low expectations. My slices had clearly been sitting around for some time, but they were still quite good, with the Cleopatra being our favorite of the two.


Next time, we're going to jump into their non-pizza options, maybe a po' boy or a calzone and we'll definitely have to try the cajun garlic bread. Oh and it's the perfect place for Tater, who I'm sure would be able to cry hysterically without anyone caring!

No comments: